My top 50 songs for my daughter Rachel (in no particular order):
1. I Dare You to Move
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P31wEgnss9c
2. Lemonade:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS0uS8Tfyt4
3. Bring Him Home: (The reason I love this song is it reminds me of your Grandpa and the time he spent with me singing, I still miss him)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mJ08-pyDLg
4. He Hears Me: (This song reminded me to pray always, He is always listening)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bohDwmsa4A
5. Wonderwall - Oasis (This song reminds me of my young adult years, trust me things change so much during those years. It reminds me of the fun times I had with lots of amazing people and many things that I didn't say because I just didn't know how.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYffFEIAzdE
6. One Headlight - Wallflowers (So many reasons why I love this song, mainly for the memories. Driving with Spectrum with its one headlight. Last minute trip to Logan Utah with a great friend and another great trip last minute to Penticton, BC. Do things on the spur of the moment every once in a while. That being said, choose wisely to do good things)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzyfcys1aLM
7. I Know That My Redeemer Lives - (This song changed my life, it the song that reminded me of the testimony that I had my whole life, the point in my life that I knew that my Savior was real. That He loved me, He died for me and He lives again. Stay close to Him your whole life)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0NoxhsH8rE
8. Mission Impossible - (Another wonderful memory of spending time with my dad. Plus the piano guys just rock this song)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p0BqUcQ7i0
9. O Come O Come Emmanuel - (I love how this song is reflective about the mission of the Savior, I always feel the songs creates a tone of the huge weight of his responsibility in the melody. How much he overcame. Read the lyrics to them, they are amazing. And I love when you sing this, too.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO7ySn-Swwc
10. Concerto No.2, by Rachmaninov (Your father introduced this song to me, when we were dating, it touched my soul. One of the first times I knew I loved him :) I was in awe that I had already lived this long, and it was first time I had heard it.)
Here is the whole thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdC35_Za4ho
11. The Rainbow Connection
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSFLZ-MzIhM
12. Send in the Clowns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpiONyu87TU
13. Danny Boy (Bing Crosby does it best)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2QtBYR7NJs
14. We Will Be Together Forever Someday (Can't sing it without crying, reminds me my dad and that I will see him again someday...ignore the synthesizer at the start. It is a cheesy 80s thing)
https://bop.fm/s/michael-mclean/together-forever-someday
15. LOVE by Natalie Cole (used to sing this to you all the time)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iiio4h60qU
16. Route 66 (still my favorite jazzy song for driving, smooth as silk and bouncy like a ball)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfgThDntbj0
17. Unforgettable (the mix between father and daughter is my favorite)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKCyUe4syc4
18. Leaving on A Jet Plane (saying goodbye when it is hard)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbt2G71uT1M
19. Don't Worry Be Happy (live by this song, things can be really bad, but don't worry Heavenly Father will take care of everything)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv-Fk1PwVeU
20. George of the Jungle (still love this song, always makes me laugh)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCvZ08EgSh0
21. Chariots of Fire theme song (I still see all my brothers and sisters running around the house in circles as I played this song on piano...reminds me especially of Jon. He used to request this song all the time)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY3XiM7oGj0
22. A your Adorable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6QGTKrj97g
23. Poison Ivy (never realized this was a rolling stones song but I like the Nylons version)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfJrn63AfZc
24. The Lion Sleeps Tonight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVZ8K1T4pTg
25. Laura Story - Blessings (you never know where the blessings come)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CSVqHcdhXQ
26. Opposites Attract
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xweiQukBM_k
27. Amish Paradise (Weird Al Yankovic)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOfZLb33uCg
28. Green Eggs and Ham (Moxy Fruvous)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttetmdOZXSU
(SIDE NOTE I like all of Moxy Fruvous's songs)
29. King of Spain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-00zjEq9PNs
30. Istanbul (not Constantinople) They Might Be Giants
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsQrKZcYtqg
31. You Raise Me Up by Josh Groban
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJxrX42WcjQ
32. Somewhere Over the Rainbow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fahr069-fzE
33. Somebody That I Used to Know (I love how they did this song)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9mybTArlsk
34. Edelweiss (actually I love all the Sound of Music Songs)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bL2BCiFkTk
35. My Favorite Things
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IagRZBvLtw
36. Singing in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mDTn-QvO9I
37. Smile by Matina McBride
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_vXj1LZP38
38. Haven't Met You Yet (don't worry if it takes time to find the right one)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qFKtT7Biws
39. Home
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbSOLBMUvIE
40. Once Upon A December (I love all the songs from Anatasia)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR6imPYq4_0
41. Be Our Guest (I love all the songs from Beauty and the Beast)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afzmwAKUppU
42. Symphonic Suite from Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8BubJnLO-g
43. Simple Gifts (by small and simple things are great things come to pass)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amcGIfMu0bw
44. The Last Unicorn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7zq1PppAxs
45. Too-Ra-Loo-Ra-Loo-Ral (wish my mom were singing this, there is no sweeter sound than the sound of my own moms voice that soothed me to sleep as a babe)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw9B49epS_M
46. Button Up Your Overcoat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBI8p7hKuHY
47. Summertime (it has to be done by them)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIDOEsQL7lA
48. Story of My Life (so grateful I could share it with dad)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yET4p-r2TI8
49. Just the Way You Are: (you are beautiful Rachel just the way you are)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjhCEhWiKXk
50. You'll Be in My Heart
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIVaUcE4kAM
I have about 100 more favorite songs, these are just the ones I could think of right now. Love you Rachel
No comments:
Post a Comment